The AIA is an interest industrial grouping of the manufacturing, commercial and other companies which make up the Czech automotive and allied industries. AIA was established on June 27, 1989, with 17 founder member companies who were signatories to the agreement setting up the Association. Today AIA covers almost the whole of the automotive sector with 145 members in the CR. The Slovak AIA is also a joint member of the Czech AIA.
Why it exists
Despite a complicated history the industry has retained a fine research, design and development base. This is coming very much to the fore again as a result of the changes which took effect from July 1, 1989, and which gave individual companies in the automotive industry much greater autonomy. Given this situation it is clear that the industry needed a new organization to represent the interests of the member companies, to act as the voice both at home and abroad of this important branch of the national economy, and to maintain the high standards of the industry as a whole.
It was for these reasons that the AIA was founded.
The main aims of AIA may be summarised as follows:
- to develop the Czech automotive industry as a specific branch of the national economy
- to present the automotive industry as an integrated sector
- to promote the interests of the automotive industry in the Czech Republic and abroad in all appropriate places and at all levels
- to develop collaboration amongst its members and observers in technical, production and commercial fields
- to establish mutually advantageous contacts and cooperation with partners which are not members of AIA
- to promote cooperation between the Czech automotive industry and foreign partners
- any company, the activity of which corresponds with the principal objectives of AIA, is eligible to join
- an applicant may become either a member, or an observer (associated member), or may participate in the activities of Specialized Sections and Working Parties
- the approval of the AIA Steering Committee is necessary for a new company to become a member or an observer
- membership of the AIA does not deny an applicant’s membership of other associations or organizations
- subscription rates are geared to the membership level
AIA is a member of the following international organisations:
- ACEM – European Motorcycle Manufacturers Association
- ODETTE – Organisation For Data Exchange by Tele Transmission in Europe
- ACEA – European Automobile Manufacturers Association
AIA is a member of the following Czech non-governmental organisations:
- SP CR – Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic
- HK CR – Economic Chamber of the Czech Republic